Image Map

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

So, my friend Sarah posted a blog challenge. Tasty Tuesday! I don't have all the details...but I am running with my take on it. Basically post a recipe every Tuesday! As you know... I am not the head chef in our family. My wonderful husband keeps us fed the majority of the time. However, I do love to collect recipes. Sometimes I even prepare one or two myself. Always a special treat for Mike to find me in the kitchen. Now with my new roll as a SAHM...I may have to do more of the cooking! We'll see! This is a recipe I found online... it was DELISH!

Grilled Chicken Pasta

2lbs, Chicken Breasts Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 lb Penne Pasta

4 TBS Butter
4 TBS Olive Oil

5 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 C. Chicken Stock

16 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
2 C. Heavy Cream

8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste


Rinse chicken breasts in cold water, layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness.

Season both sides with Montreal Steak Seasoning

Preheat grill for medium heat, grill chicken on medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes each side. Set aside to cool.

Cook penne pasta according to package.

Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook until tender. Do not let garlic turn brown. Add the chicken broth to the pan and reduce by half. Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add cream, and stir well, season with salt & pepper. Turn heat to low. Chop basil, add to sauce and mix well.

Drain pasta, and add to sauce. Stir well to coat, top with sliced chicken.

No comments: