Image Map

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Patrick!

It was a year ago today that I was anxiously waiting to meet my baby boy.  Wondering who he would look like, would he have a lot of hear.  Would I be able to love another child as much as I love Kathryn.

Well Patrick entered this world at 11:28 PM after 15 hours of labor.  It was hard to tell who he  looked like, although he had my coloring.  He had lots of dark hair (maybe that attributed to all my heartburn) 

Patrick stole my heart within hours of his birth.

He is and has been such a happy easy baby.  He is my cuddle bug!  He loves his daddy and adores his big sister.

I laugh now when I think back to a conversation I had with my mom shortly before his arrival, about my genuine concern that there was no way I could love another baby as much as I love Kathryn.  My mom just laughed and told me not to worry about it.  She said she couldn’t explain it…but that I just would.

Well I am happy to report that my mom was right … there is something very special about a mama and her baby boy.  I can’t imagine my life without him.  He keeps us all laughing.

All about Patrick at  one year old:

Patrick weighs 22 lbs (he outweighs Kate by 2 lbs)

He is sporting size 12-18 months

Size 4 diapers

He LOVES playing with his big  older sister

He Loves rough housing with Daddy

He LOVES cuddling with mommy and his kisses are the best…a little wet, but the best!

He signs: "All Done” “More” and we are working on “drink”

He has taken a few steps, but much prefers to crawl.

He loves to eat: His current favorites are:

Raspberries, Bananas, and cheese

He is drinking well from a straw.

He loves all things music and with a beat.  He can find a beat in anything even the hum of the printer.

Celebrating his birthday is bitter sweet for me, as I am sure it is for many moms.  I am so happy and exciting to see what new things this next year brings.  But, I am also sad to see my baby growing up.  Looking forward to a fun filled year, with my little guy.

A few pictures from then and now…

Patrick in the Hospital 1-20-05

DSC_0048

Misc Patrick Jan-2

DSC_0017

Superbowl Sunday 2-1-3

DSC_0041

Patrick 1 Month Frog 2-19-15

DSC_0054

Patrick in the Hospital 1-20-06

DSC_0062

No comments: