Image Map

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Ahhh…Ambien

I know Ambien sometimes gets a bad rap…but I can tell you for me…its the miracle drug.

Since I learned of Kate’s special heart…sleep has been hard to come by. I’ve never been a great sleeper and since her diagnosis sleep has just been hard to come by. I seem to lay awake and make lists of things to do…all the what ifs etc. etc.

For the last 2 years I have been getting my sleep with a Benedryl/Tylenol PM cocktail, which wasn’t working out too well. It left me anxious an restless before I fell asleep and DRAGGING in the morning. Often begging Mike to let me sleep in until 9…although truth be told I could sleep right through to noon and am embarrassed to admit I often did.

Finally, I decided that was no longer working, and that there had to be something better.

I called my doctor and set up an appointment. She was not surprised that I was wishing I could sleep until noon with what I was taking. She recommended Ambien.

Ahhh… AMBIEN! I took it and OMG!!!! I felt like a NEW woman, wife and mama!! I would up @730…before Mike and the kids and I was well rested and felt fantastic. The birds were singing the sun was shining and I felt fantastic. I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee and a house full of quiet.

My only regret is that I waited this long to take it. Yes, I worry about becoming dependent on it…but for now rest is better than no rest…life is busy with two toddlers!! I need all the energy I can get.

No comments: