Image Map

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beach Day

You have to love New England weather, I love when people talk about our four seasons… Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. As a New Englander my whole life I am not familiar with those four seasons, yup we have four seasons, Cold, Wicked Cold, Hot, and  FREAKING HOT. 

So Spring is here and we are having a heat wave…feels more like August than May.  High 90’s all week ( I know wasn’t it snowing last week) So we headed to the beach.  Ever since I was a child I loved the beach…my mom loves to tell the story of when I was three years old and their was a storm headed our way, and we were at the beach and the waves were wicked and she couldn’t get me out of the water.  I was conquering the waves. As a teen I would spend all my free time from May-September at the beach! When I was pregnant, nothing felt better than floating around in the cool frigid water.

Well I am sad to say, I don’t think my kids got my beach gene, neither one of them seem to love it, they really tolerate it at best.

So I have to wonder why we do it?? Let me tell you the beach is no longer relaxing for me or Mike.  I mean we have to pack up our life…you never know what you might need. (Although, I do wonder why we bother to pack our books!) Then we have to pack the car…unpack the car and carry it all to the beach… to the perfect spot, you know the spot, not too close to the water, not too far from the water, close enough to the bathroom, not near the rowdy teenagers tossing the football, cursing and smoking, you know the spot.  Do you know how long it takes to get to that spot pulling a wagon in the hot sand with two babes, cooler, chairs etc. etc.

Have you ever watched the show “Yes, Dear” the opening credits of them going to the beach… that  is us. EXACTLY!

But, we do it for no other reason, but the beach pictures are the best!! I figure if I keep dragging them to the beach, maybe they will learn to love it as much as their mama!

 DSC_0556 DSC_0604 DSC_0557 DSC_0576 DSC_0595 DSC_0602  DSC_0613  DSC_0767 DSC_0773 DSC_0797  DSC_0815 DSC_0841 DSC_0851 DSC_0883 DSC_0905 DSC_0972 DSC_1038 DSC_1100 DSC_1131 DSC_1137 DSC_1170 DSC_1181 DSC_1188

DSC_1261

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh, HOW CUTE! I love their personalized towels and their own little beach chairs! How sassy :)