Image Map

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Ahh…Normal

This weekend ROCKED! Do you want to know why it rocked? It rocked because to me it felt… dare I say normal. I am done with Saturday classes (until 9/18) and we had NO COMMITMENTS!!! I think this is the first weekend since May when we weren’t scheduled to do something or be somewhere.

You know what we did… NOTHING! I changed from one set of jammies into another. I sipped on yummy cups of coffee…and the occasional Iced Latte when Mike ran out to run errands for me us. Allowing me to keep my commitment to myself that I was going to clean and tidy my scrap space… and CRAFT!

I am happy to report that I did both, all though I didn’t scrapbook… I played with Modge Podge and my Cricut and I made Katy a potty chart and prize box… because yes, we are potty training!

DSC_0374

DSC_0376

Because that is what normal two and a half year olds do. (Although her high doses of multiple diuretics are proving to make potty training a difficult task)

We Mike made some delicious meals. We cleaned, we decluttered, I had a bubble bath, we read stories, we watched The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. I chatted with friends and family. I lounged… I listed to music and played cards… I knitted. I made the most of our glorious weekend at home.

I am usually not a homebody…there is rarely a day that I don’t leave the house for one reason or another. I can’t tell you when it will happen again (Most likely post transplant when we won’t be able to leave the house) I can tell you it was lovely, and much needed.

Tomorrow it is back to reality… running errands and packing up for our trip up North!

2 comments:

McKay Family said...

Good for you! I got a little done in the scrapbooking department...probably back to sewing next weekend...maybe I'll even crochet again one of these days! I too had an unusual and rare day of not leaving the house...it was delightful!

Tina said...

Cute prize box....I want one! hehe

First time stopping by your blog & your newest follower. Nice to meet you!