Image Map

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

Ahh… here it is a Tuesday at nap time… been far to long since my last blog.  Sometimes there is so much to share…others I am struggling to find something to say.

I have been busy.  I am slowly catching up on the books… scrapbooks that is.  Decided to do a different method of scrapbooking for our 2011 Family Album.  I am doing my version of Becky Higgins’ Project Life with a lot of Ali Edwards’ influence.

I wasn’t sure I would like it… Mike was even less sure…turns out we both really like it.  It’s more like a blog then a traditional scrapbook… it highlights the ordinary every day things, that I don’t want to forget.  It gives me lots of freedom to add items, (notes, cards, calendar pages etc.,) I love it!  I love that it is representation of our life right now.   A busy family of four. Our daily grind.  10, 20, 50 years from now I will be able to look back in that album and be transformed to the 30 year old mom with two babes, a husband and dog and cat.  Who liked to scrapbook and knit, sip wine with friends, shop at Target… I will really see what was important to me then (now)

I don’t think it will take the place of our yearly albums… but, it’s a fun project right now. It also gives me the opportunity to get “caught up” Stay caught up.  The pictures in that album are current… pictures from Easter are already printed and in an album on my shelf…begging to be looked at!

In addition to that I am working on Katy’s 1st year (traditional scrapbook) and 3rd year digital scrapbook. 

I have also been busy working on orders for grads, communions and another wedding!  Yay for working doing something I love!!

So Katy has been listed for 9 MONTHS… that is 5 months longer then I expected.  We chatted with the team regarding how long its been… they agree its been a long time.  They are also so pleased with how well our little girl and her oh, so special heart are doing.  So we continue to wait, and its amazing how we have just adapted to this life.  It’s not until a new person learns of our story, that I am reminded of just how incredible and life altering our life is.  That we could not be any less normal….yet is just that our normal. But,  when the phone rings at 10:15 pm on a Thursday night with an anonymous private number in any other household the mom doesn’t get a lump in her throat…while yelling to her husband that the phone is ringing afraid but also excited to answer the phone thinking that this could be THE CALL… the call that will forever change our life and the life of our little girl… and then in the seconds from when you say hello… to when you realize it’s the wrong number… your hopes and dreams and fears all come crashing down, you realize that there is nothing normal about this life. 

Normal or not… it’s a wonderful life and I wouldn’t change it for a thing!

I was reminded once again how selfish and useless some people are… and I made the decision to let them go… not an easy decision but an overdue and necessary decision.  Our time is precious, I want to only surround us with people who are loving, caring and understanding to our very unique situation.  Some people will NEVER get it… that’s their issue.  I will not spend anymore of our energy on them.  There are so many things that are more important. 

So that is that…naptime is almost over and I see a trip to the park in our future! 

DSC_0019

DSC_0416

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Erin McD