Image Map

Saturday, November 30, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Epic Fail

 

I completely failed at posting a daily Facebook status stating what I was thankful for everyday in November.  Last year I posted religiously.  I remember I had to find just one thing to be thankful for, and that some how by sharing it on Facebook it would make me feel more grateful and therefore more worthy.  If I was willing to be thankful for mundane things like coffee as well as the fact that Katy was healthy enough to be home on Milrinone…. that maybe somewhere in the universe or wherever it was that decisions were being made on my little girls behalf.  They would see that we are good and we are grateful, humble people.

It also gave me an outlet to let those who I so desperately wanted to acknowledge that I needed to let them know how much they meant to our family during our darkest days. 

I guess what I am saying is that last year I needed the rigidness of some sill Facebook game to remind me to stop and think what I was thankful for.   If I were to play along this year…every day would have been the same or a variation of the following. 

Today I am thankful for Katy’s New Heart.

Today I am thankful for our amazing donor family…. who during there darkest moment unselfishly made the choice to save our little girls life.

Today I am thankful that Katy & Patrick are home playing together.

Today I am thankful we are all under the same roof.

Today I am thankful the most perfect heart came in time.

I don’t need a 30 days of Thanks Facebook game for a daily reminder.  I think of those things EACH and EVERY day.  Multiple times a day… I don’t think that there is a day that passes that I don’t think of how very blessed our family is.  How amazing it is that with the love and support of our village we were able to get to this side of transplant.  A side that due to lack of available organs so few actually get to see how wonderful this life is. 

So don’t think that because I didn’t call your name out on FB this year that I am not thankful for you…. because I am.  Life is just really busy when you have a Healthy 4 & 5 year old.

DSC_0855

Watching Sophia The First…cuddled in bed! Right where we all belong!

No comments: