Image Map

Friday, May 28, 2010

A Day at Children’s Continued

2:30PPM

We are leaving Children’s, we stopped up on 8 East to drop off a donation to Caroline, in the Resource room. It was so nice to see her. It was even nicer to see the scrapbooks that the patients and families on the floor had been working on. I even saw a few familiar faces.

(All you scrapbookers if you are doing a spring cleaning of your stash….I would gladly take any and all donations you have. I did this last year and it was a HUGE success! I was able to donate boxes and boxes)

Katy Girl Update:

Well we spoke with Dr. Marx and he said he was a bit puzzled, since Katy’s chest xray showed no fluid in or around her lungs. Which he expected that it would be. He said, yet again Katy’s heart has him perplexed. Which leaves me shaking my head wondering what to expect. The unexpected is so hard to plan for, and any one that knows me knows I need a plan…

Dr. Bloom (transplant team) never made it down to see us, she was called away. Not a huge deal, just a bit disappointing. She said she would chat with us on Tuesday.

A good thing is we don’t have to be in until 9AM…orginally we thought we might have to be in at 6AM! So that’s a good thing.

Thank you to everyone who has called, texted, facebooked, emailed, ss, us good. They were all more appreciated then you will ever know!

I am writing this from the van, and I think it is making me carsick…or maybe it’s just Mike’s driving. Anyway… I’m going out with one of my best girlfriends tonight…but I will post GIVEAWAY #2 when I get home! You scrapbookers and paper crafters….might want to check back ;)

6:30PM

Just now getting ready to publish this post. About 15 minutes after I stopped writing in the car….Kate proceeded to vomit EVERYWHERE! OH MY WORD! I think it might be safe to say that she suffers from motion sickness…since she has thrown up maybe 3 times in her life and all were in the car. So we got her home and in the tub…then I went to take a nap. It was a much needed nap and I feel refreshed and ready to enjoy this beautiful weekend!!

amiee_siggie

No comments: