Image Map

Friday, May 28, 2010

A Day at Children’s

9:30AM

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I have a love hate relationship with Children’s Hospital. It an amazing, wonderful place… full of the best doctor and nurses in the world. I just wish I never had to meet them. I wish I never needed any of what they have to offer.

I just met a mom who is here with her 15 year old son. She said she has been doing this for 15 YEARS, and I lost it. Finally after the last 2 weeks of almost keeping it together, I lost it…had to excuse myself to the restroom , where I continued to cry and sob for a good 15 minutes. It needed to be done, it was long over do. So there I did it and I hope it can get me through until Tuesday.

Enough about me…let me tell you how our Rock star, Katy girl is doing. We arrived at 715 AM we went to admission did all that paper work. Headed over to Cardiac Pre Op started with a chest x ray!! She did great…the first two pics were great and she was done!!

Then it was on to Vitals and EKG… she weighed in at 20 pounds, which I must say I was surprised and relived to see. It’s not a great number but its not lower than it was when we were last here and for that I a grateful. I thought for sure we were going to see a loss, since all of her 6-12 12-18 month clothes that she had been sporting, are all falling off her, such a blow to us. I went and got her a couple of 9 month outfits. Breaks my heart…I mean breaks it and crumbles it… since that is really the only obvious sign to me and everyone else that Kate even has a special heart.

Then it was on to Blood work…. I chickend out and had Mike go back with her. I need to know my limits.

Now we are sitting and waiting for the Cardiac Fellow and to come and have us sign our lives away.

Looks like we should be done sooner than later, if we keep up at this speed.

Please keep Katy girl in your thoughts and prayers…as she continues to prove to us what a miracle she really is.

Heart Hugs

amiee_siggie

1 comment:

RoadTripJill said...

HUGS!! I could only imagine what you are going through! It is ok to cry!!! I (as a mom and nurse) think blood draws are just rough. The one time Paris had to have one I about flipped. It's hard enough for me to have one but to watch...ugh!! Keep you head up! You are in my prayers! (and Kate too!)