Image Map

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Buh Bye 20’s Hello 30!

Wow…hard to believe I am bidding farewell to my 20’s already….wow what a decade it’s been.  Good, bad and  ugly.

I accomplished a lot in my 20’s…it was a big decade for me, as I am sure it is for many.  In some ways I am exactly where I thought I would be when I hit the big 3-0, well not exactly but, no one could have predicted this journey I am on.  I have dealt with a lot in the last ten years more than most people to do in their entire lives, I am thankful for each and every experience.  It’s made me who I am today. Good, bad and ugly.  I have been forced to do A LOT of growing up and maturing.  Things that mattered to me ten years ago eh, 3 years ago seem so silly.

In the past ten years I became a wife, I overcame hurdles of infertility, and dealt with my parents divorce. I have learned to scrapbook and knit. I have birthed two babes.  I have learned more about the human heart and CHD’s, then the normal person would/should know.  I have become an advocate for my little girl.   I have met new friends and ditched some old ones.  

My twenties have been trying.  I am stronger for it.  I am curious to what my 30’s have in store for me.  I won’t say they will be better, or worse.  I will say it will be different.  I am looking  forward to making lots of memories with my wonderful, amazing husband who has been by my side during the good, bad and ugly that my 20’s were and loves me anyway. My beautiful daughter, who reminds me everyday that miracles do happen.  My handsome little man who will always be my baby.  I’m excited to nurture and grow each and everyone of these relationships.

“My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years”  Tim McGraw

1 comment:

Kerry Leary said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Have a fantastic birthday. No one deserves it more!