Image Map

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Twins?!

It’s funny I always thought that Mike and I would have twins, maybe it is because I knew our chances were higher given the fact that we were doing fertility treatments.  Maybe its because twins run in my family. Or maybe its because I wanted them, I thought they would be fun!

Well, I didn’t have twins, but I have the next best thing.  Katy & Patrick who are 13 Months apart and are each others best friends.

DSC_0118 DSC_0012 DSC_0010 DSC_0040

It’s funny to me that I am now embracing the thought that they are a lot like twins,  considering that when people would ask if they were twins, Mike and I would be offended.  I think we were offended not at the thought that they could be, but more devensive for Kate… because for  awhile clearly they were not twins Kate was walking and talking and Patrick was not…now they seem more evenly matched.

The bond they share is something that I think could be described in they way you would describe twins.  They are so caring and understanding to each other.  It is a wonderful thing to see.  Anyone that meets our Murphy babes comments on how well they play together and take care of one another. 

We have talked about adding Murphy Babe # 3 but I think we have decided not to mess with perfection.

We’ll see!

2 comments:

The DuBois Family said...

So sweet hon They are too cute.

Tara said...

So cute! I have a boy and girl who are 14 months apart and everyone asks if they are twins. It is a lot of fun and so wonderful to see that bond. They are adorable!