Image Map

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Finding it hard to be Thankful

I went to blog yesterday… and I saw that I was already behind by 6 days on my Daily Thankful post. I was frustrated, annoyed, and sad and couldn’t think of one thing to be thankful for. I mean I covered all the things that I truly was thankful for and I just didn’t have it in me to make up some fluff posts just to make my daily quota. So I closed Live Writer and went to bed annoyed. Annoyed that I made this commitment to my blog and couldn’t keep to it. Annoyed that I was so frustrated and angry at this life that I couldn’t think of one lousy thing to be thankful for. Annoyed that I couldn’t blog which is such a huge stress relief for me.

So today I gave myself permission to give up and just tell you my readers that “Hey, my life sucks right now and I am finding it hard to be thankful”

Then I got to thinking and it was amazing that if I really thought about it I did have many things to be thankful for.

So I am going to continue…. I am going to catch up. Because, although this life is difficult right now… there are oh, so many wonderful things going on each and everyday. I owe to myself and to my family to remember just how lucky I am.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aimee, you have so much to be thankful for! It's okay that life sucks right now because sometimes life just sucks....you have two beautiful children, a wonderful husband and from what I can see an amazing support system. You're one strong mama....so if nothing else be thankful for strength. Thinking of you and your family each day.