Image Map

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful Day 15

Today I am thankful for pictures…more specifically pictures from my past, Mike’s past, our heritage. I am so very lucky to have a large collection of my childhood photos. I was the 1st born, so maybe that has something to do with why I have so many.

In addition to my own pictures I am thankful for pictures of my parents as children and even my grandparents. We have a gorgeous picture of Mike’s dad from the Korean war. We also have an amazing photograph of Nana Murphy on her wedding day with Mike’s grandfather Mr. Michael F. Murphy… Mike’s namesake.

I love knowing that I have these pictures and some have stories to tell on the back. My poppy was great at labeling pictures so it has made the sorting process that much easier. But, for every labeled picture there are 10 that are not, so it is a daunting task. Slowly but, surely I am getting them all scanned and some are even in frames!

No comments: