Image Map

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Do you make them?! I always have and they have always included big, long overwhelming lists of how I was going to change myself into something I am never going to be.  Skinny, more organized, neat, perfect wife and mother.  I am sure lots of people make the same kind of resolutions and if you ask them by March how they are doing on those resolutions, they can’t even remember making them. 

I know a lot of people who have just decided to give up the tradition of making resolutions.  For me, I like traditions, I like to follow the trend, I like to celebrate.  For instance… we have heart pancakes on Valentine’s Day, Green Milk in March, Dye Easter Eggs… no one eats, Love on mom in May complete with breakfast (or at least coffee in bed) followed by a day loving on me! June…Tell/Show Daddy what a Rock Star he is to our family, July, Fireworks and seafood at Browns, August lots and lots of beach days and cold lemonade, September, New Shoes, and new school  home office supplies, soon to be school supplies. October, Pumpkin Picking and Trick Or Treating. November… Stuffing and reminding everyone what we are thankful for.  December…. baking cookies, singing Christmas Carols, CHRISMAS CARDS! and of course January …New Years Resolutions.

So for me my New Year’s Resolution is to:

sim·pli·fy

verb \ˈsim-plə-ˌfī\

sim·pli·fiedsim·pli·fy·ing

Definition of SIMPLIFY

transitive verb

: to make simple or simpler: as a : to reduce to basic essentials b : to diminish in scope or complexity : streamline <was urged to simplify management procedures> c : to make more intelligible : clarify

This life is precious, my days are busy and I have a lot I want to accomplish.  My goal this year is to prioritize and take time to enjoy my husband, Kathryn and Patrick. 

I want our home to be neat and tidy and comfortable…. we deserve it.  Our home should be our haven not our shrine of things.

Meals should be easy and healthy so that we eat more of them at home.

There are many ways I can simplify.  I am looking forward to this clean slate that for some reason the New Year just pops in my lap.

No comments: