Image Map

Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 Years

Ten years ago today, on a beautiful spring like day I became Mrs. Michael Murphy. Our wedding day was so close to perfection.  It was everything I dreamed of as a little girl.  I had a gorgeous princess gown… my handsome groom  had a tear in his eye as I walked down the aisle on my dad’s arm.

church

dad and me

mr murphy

There was dinner dancing, cake smashing and a great time was had by all.  I don’t believe that a wedding makes a marriage, however I do think that our wedding was and is memorable, and I am so glad we did not run off to Vegas like I had threatened to!!! 

652_51094222638_502207638_1514515_7001_n

652_51094232638_502207638_1514516_7651_n

Ten years of marriage  is a great accomplishment nowadays when divorce is so prevalent, and Hollywood has made the 15 min marriages famous.  Mike and I have beaten so many odds. We have faced more in our ten years of marriage than most couples do that have been married fifty years, and we are stronger for it.

IMG_0255Amiee B-Day 008

Is the honeymoon over… yup!  But, I am OK with that… We are OK with that.  We are real… we are raising two young children, caring for Katy, juggling extended family and there is not always time for us. We squeeze it in when we can… and maybe that means Chinese take out and Mad Men via Netflix… and I wouldn’t want it any other way

IMG_2756

Kathryn-068

Patrick is Born 1-19-19

Mike you are my everything… you make me a better person.  Thank you for our beautiful children.  Thank you for loving me through it all, and reminding me to breathe and enjoy the small things.  Thank you for being my gardener, and allowing me to bloom!!  You are always behind me 100% and I can’t imagine my life with out you.  Thank you for making me Mrs. Murphy.  You are forever My White Knight!!!

DSC_0019-1

 

1 comment:

Hardly Housewives said...

Happy anniversary! Wishing you many more years of happiness together!