Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reflections of my 33rd Year

Tonight I am reflecting on the last year.  After a day of being loved and spoiled by my husband and kiddos… after having cake with my mama and Georgie… and reading the overwhelming number of facebook messages from friends & family.  My heart is full and I am reminded of how wonderful this  life is.  Even though this life is hard and maybe mine has been a bit  harder than most… so hard that I feel I am celebrating my 53rd birthday rather than my 33rd birthday.  It is what it is and maybe I can gain some of my years back…maybe not but the bottom line is… it is what it is and I would not change a thing.

DSC_0496DSC_0497DSC_0501DSC_0508

Because I am here beside the man I love with two of the most amazing children. No, the road is not always easy…but we get there some how.

For the first time in 3 or so years I FINALLY had a different wish when it came time to blow out my birthday candles.

DSC_0486DSC_0487

thoughts at 33

I still can’t believe that my wish from last year came true.  Katy has her heart and is doing well and we are ecstatic.

Katy getting her heart was not the end all fix all… we still had a lot to do.  It was a lot harder than I expected and I was a bit underprepared for that piece of it.

Mike is still my soul mate and I am thankful each and EVERYDAY that he is with me on this journey! I love you with every piece of my heart and soul.  Thank you for EVERYTHING.  Thank you for being the best husband and daddy.  Thank you for enabling me to be the best mommy. 

I have lots SIXTY pounds and I feel great! I never would have imagined that a time would come that I would have had 60 pounds to lose would come but it did and I lot it and it feels good!

  I am working a part time job at  a local scrap book store and LOVE it. 

I still love paper crafting making it my longest working hobby.

I am still thankful everyday for Katy & Patrick I feel so blessed to have each of them.  They bring such joy to our lives.

  The kindness and generosity of strangers has not been forgotten and  I am looking into ways that we can begin to give back

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Happy birthday! You look great ... and most importantly, the family looks great, and happy.

Wishing you all the best!